|See that fudgey cakey goodness. :)|
Recipe from King Arthur Flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups of Dutch process cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Crack the four eggs into a bowl and beat them with the cocoa, salt, baking and espresso powders, and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth..
- In a medium-size microwave safe bowl, melt the butter in thirty second increments.
- Add the sugar to the butter mixture. Continue to heat the butter/sugar combination just until the mixture is hot (110-120 degrees) but not bubbling. It'll be shiny when you stir it. Doing this will ensure that you will have a shiny crust on top of your brownies.
- Add the hot butter/sugar mixture to the cocoa mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Add the flour to the mixture and stir until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and stir in to the batter. If you want the chips to remain intact, let the batter cool for a few minutes before adding the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter into the lightly greased pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes clean.
- Let cool and then cut into squares to enjoy.