I promised the recipe for the chocolate chip cupcakes yesterday (dinner was a seriously long event) and here it is. The recipe girl has some great recipes - I will definitely be going back to check out more!
CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIE CUPCAKES
1½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup whole milk
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, cut into ½-inch chunks (or Nestle’s Chocolate Chunks) (I used chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
3. Put butter and sugars into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or just use a regular hand mixer), and mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Mix in eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with the milk. Stir in chocolate chunks with a rubber spatula.
4. Spoon ¼ cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake until pale golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to wire racks; let cool completely.
5. Cupcakes can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.
Yield: About 2 dozen
Recipe Source: Adapted from Martha Stewart Living