Sunday, September 5, 2010

Banana - Chocolate Chip Bread

Anyone who knows me knows I love college sports, especially Purdue football and basketball. Yesterday, I decided to get in the black and gold mood with a banana and chocolate chip bread recipe. So I searched online and sound a few recipes that seemed okay but definitely needed some tweaking. I found the following recipe at allrecipe.com and modified it slightly.

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
1 stick of butter
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
3 mashed bananas
2 tsp vanilla extract (I used Mexican vanilla I got from a friend)
2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Cream butter and sugar together.
2. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and bananas. Blend well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, soda, and salt. Stir until just combined.
4. Add in dry ingredients about a 1/2 cup at a time.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Place batter in a greased loaf pan, I used a regular 9x5x3 size BUT it did require a longer bake time.
7. Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes. Mine took about 75-80 minutes however my loaf is very thick.
8. Optional: I covered the loaf pan with foil for the first 30 minutes so the bread would not burn on the top. I uncovered it for the last 30 and recovered for the last 10 minutes.


I don't think I'll be making this every gameday since they lost yesterday. At least, it looks pretty. Tastes pretty good too.
 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates