Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fall Cookies

We had a small taste of fall this week as Hermine brought rain and cooler temps to Texas. The cooler weather (and I'm talking highs in the lower 80's) made me miss Indiana in the fall. I thought some fall cookies would help get us in the mood for fall. Bike boy wants summer to last forever and is resisting all things fall for as long as he can. So my fall decorations sit in the attic untouched for a couple more weeks BUT he's at work when I bake so...here come fall cookies!!
I popped over to Bridget's blog: bake@350.blogspot.com and found her fall cookie recipe. She made pumpkins with the dough which are super cute.
 http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/2009/11/brown-sugar-and-spice-cut-out-cookies.html
I didn't want to make pumpkins yet so I decided on some footballs and leaves. What says fall better? Nothing (except maybe pumpkins but we'll wait til closer to October for those) I love fall and football! :)

And my Purdue Boilermakers won today so yay!! I think I'll keep some football cookies around during the season. :)
Here are pictures of my cookies. They are my best icing so far thanks to the tutorials on University of Cookie and Sweetopia.

Undecorated: 

Decorated:


They're still pretty plain but they have to set for a while before I can add detailing. Don't want the colors to bleed!

Blessings ya'll! Enjoy the rest of your Saturday! I'm rooting for Michigan and heading out to the gym.
 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates