I visited one of my favorite stores this morning, Crate and Barrel, and found these pretty fall baking items. Nothing like new stuff to get you into the baking mood.
In honor of of fall, I am going to share one of my favorite fall items with you. My mother made this for me every fall and it is so good. It's Pumpkin Cake. I love pumpkin cake. I use buttercream frosting on top because I like the sweetness of the buttercream with the pumpkin but cream cheese frosting would be good too.
2 years ago, I made this for the kids in my first grade class when we were studying the different things made with pumpkins. It was their favorite and mine as well. I hope this makes it to your table this fall season.
recipe by: Midwestern girl with a Texas address and her momma
2 cups granulated sugar
4 medium eggs
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups Libby's pumpkin
1 cup canola oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, and oil. Beat well.
- Add baking soda, flour, salt, and cinnamon. Beat until just combined.
- Grease the sheet pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean in the middle.
- Let cool and frost with icing of choice.