Friday, September 10, 2010

Italian Caprese Salad

Lunch today was so yummy! I went to the grocery store and noticed that our local grocery store had fresh mozzarella cheese and heirloom tomatoes on sale. I immediately thought Caprese Salad. I grabbed the basil and balsamic vinegar and headed home.
I searched online to make sure I was on the right track and found a recipe on Food Network that I adapted.
Here is the link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ciao-america-with-mario-batali/paulas-mozzarella-and-tomato-salad-recipe/index.html

My adaption:
A handful of small tomatoes chopped in quarters
6 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
3 leaves of fresh basil leaves chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
Dash of balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates