Thursday, September 16, 2010

Kitchen failures

I spent most of the day yesterday in the kitchen trying to make homemade pretzels from an Alton Brown recipe. I followed the recipe to the "T" and did everything right and my goodness they were not good. Maybe it was the lack of pretzel salt or the whole wheat flour. Maybe it was me. But I kept them out to see what Bike Boy had to say. He eats all my failures and encourages me to keep trying. He'll be positive, right? WRONG!!!! Bike Boy took a bite of one of my attempts and said nothing. NOTHING! That, my friends, is not a good sign. I think he might break a tooth if he tries another.

They were unevenly cooked so parts were tough as nails and parts were way soft. Hmmm, one good thing came out of though. My pretzel making technique is pretty good. See???

You don't even want to see my attempts at the soft pretzel recipe. They don't even look like pretzels. Soft blobs of dough. Hopefully today's adventures will come out better.
 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates