Friday, October 22, 2010

12 Weeks of Cookies Week 4 - White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

It wasn't until a few years ago that I actually started to like cranberries. I just never experienced them as a child (my family never had cranberry sauce during the holidays) so I was wary of anything cranberry.

Not anymore. I love cranberry anything. So when I was looking through my Taste of Home holiday issue and ran across an ad for Ocean Spray Craisins and this cookie; I just had to try them and they do not disappoint. They are sweet and chewy and oh so yummy!

mmmm, yummy!


White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
from Ocean Spray
Makes 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
  • I stick plus 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • a 6 ounce package of dried cranberries (like Ocean Spray Dried Craisins)
  • 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
(If I were to make these again, I would add some cinnamon and maybe some vanilla extract to the dough to help bring out the flavors of the cranberries and white chocolate)
    Directions:
    • Preheat oven to 375.
    • Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in separate bowl; set aside.
    • Cream softened butter and and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
    • Add eggs and mix well.
    • Add flour-oat mixture to butter mixture a 1/2 cup at a time, beating well between each addition.
    • Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
    • Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. 
    • Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. 



    Linked to I'm Lovin It Fridays


    Check out what the other bakers are baking!

    17 comments:

    1. And I'd add some orange zest, I love how it enhances both cranberries and white chocolate. Absolutely delicious combo, definitely trying this one.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love cranberries in my cookies! They look delish!

      ReplyDelete
    3. @Dajana
      Orange zest! I was wondering what would be perfect to add to the recipe to bring out the flavors of the cranberries and chocolate. Thanks for the tip!

      ReplyDelete
    4. They look perfect for a Christmas platter. I love cranberries and the oatmeal counteracts the calories, right? :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. @Megan
      LOL! Of course the oatmeal counteracts the calories! :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. cranberry and white chocolate! what a beautiful pair!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I love oatmeal cookies, but don't really care for them with raisins. Craisins are a different story all together, and white chocolate? Yeah, definitely going to have to try these. Especially with the aforementioned orange zest. :-)

      ReplyDelete
    8. Oh these are perfect for the holidays with all those lovely Christmas colors running through them.

      ReplyDelete
    9. @Katie Rose
      Let me know how much orange zest you add to the recipe. I'm curious to read other people's adaptions.

      ReplyDelete
    10. This is one of my favorite flavor combos for cookies! I was alomost going to make these this week :)

      ReplyDelete
    11. I LOVE cranberries! Do you think I could use fresh cranberries in these? I'd probably cook it down with some orange zest and then add into the batter - what do you think?

      ReplyDelete
    12. @Tracy
      I think fresh cranberries would be great! Love the idea of cooking them down with orange zest! But I would make sure to account for the extra liquid amount; either add some more flour or strain the berries so the dough doesn't turn pink. :)

      ReplyDelete
    13. I'm with you, I didn't grow up with cranberries other than a can a holidays which I don't think I ever even tried back then. Now I love anything with cranberries. I'm not real big on sweets but the sweet and tart combo of cranberries makes everything delicious. Your cookies sound like a real winner! :-)

      ReplyDelete
    14. I love cranberry anything too. I made a white chocolate oatmeal cookie last year for 12 weeks of Christmas Cookies - so good!

      ReplyDelete
    15. There is truly something so festive and yummy when cranberries and white chocolate are together in one recipe. Your cookies look wonderful!

      And so does your blog!!! I look forward to getting to know you better as I browse through your blog. :-)

      ReplyDelete
    16. This is a great cookie combination. Perfect for the holiday season and our cookie trays.

      ReplyDelete

    I would love to hear from you!

     

    Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates