Friday, October 29, 2010

12 Weeks of Cookies Week 5- Peanut Butter Fudge

This week I am sharing my mom's peanut butter fudge recipe with you all. When I talked to her this week, she was sad that she was going to miss out on the goodies. Well mom, I saved some in the freezer for you this week. :)

This is my favorite fudge and it's super easy to make! 

Peanut Butter Fudge
1 pound powdered sugar
6 tbsp butter (I used margarine)
1/3 package mini marshmallows
1 tsp vanilla
4 tbsp milk

Heat ingredients until smooth. Add 1 cup peanut butter to mixture. Pour mixture into 8" greased pan and refrigerate until cool and able to cut into bit sized pieces.

Chocolate Fudge
Using same ingredients as above. Heat until smooth and add a cup of chocolate chips to mixture and heat until melted and smooth. Pour into a greased 8" pan and refrigerate until cool. Cut into bit size pieces and enjoy!




Post linked to I'm Lovin It Fridays

Let's see what the other bakers baked this week...

16 comments:

  1. Peanut Butter fudge is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fudge ... am definitely going to try the peanut butter variant ... i've never had it before ... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and fudge is not a good combination. I eat it all!!! One of my most favorite holidays treats. Yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love me some peanut butter fudge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how easy your recipe is. It sounds so much better than those other ones that require a candy thermometer (hence the reason why I've never made fudge before). But, with a recipe like yours, I see fudge in my future. My Christmas recipients will thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments, ladies! I think the reason my mom made this every year was because it's simplicity and ease plus it is so delicious! I could eat the whole pan in one sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also made some chocolate fudge using 1/2 cup of Hershey's cocoa. It was by far the fave at Bike Boy's work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love a good/easy fudge recipe! Nothing better for the holidays that's for sure!

    Have a great weekend Tracy!
    ~avril :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never had peanut butter fudge but this sounds good! I love peanut butter. However in Australia we seem to have lots of peanut allergies and it is a caution item we bake with if we don't know who we are serving it to. Is this a problem in the US?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Marcellina
    When I teaching full-time, I had a couple of students who were allergic to peanut butter and had to have special items in the cafeteria prepared for them. I have met a few adults with peanut allergies which is why I make the chocolate fudge too. Just don't package them together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds pretty easy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Tracy for your reply. Certainly will keep them apart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never made peanut butter fudge, but I love peanut butter so I'll have to try it...soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love peanut butter treats!
    And this fudge look so easy!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates