And it just so happens I had some time this morning since Bike Boy is on his 100 mile ride today. On his bicycle. Yep. He's crazy but I love him. I promised him a sweet treat when he got home. After all, he needs some calories to make up for all that exercise. I'm hoping there will be some left after I get home from the gym.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 muffins. From www.bakeand break.com
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375
- Lightly grease 12 c muffin tin
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt butter
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Stir in melted butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins - filing the 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 -22 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.