Saturday, October 9, 2010

Chocolate Chip Muffins

I'm in love with the jumbo chocolate chip muffins at our local grocery store. They are dangerous and so darn good. Yesterday as we were picking up meat to smoke this weekend (brisket!), I walked by the bakery and saw the muffins. The muffins that make my mouth water. Have I said I love those muffins? I thought to myself, I could make these.

And it just so happens I had some time this morning since Bike Boy is on his 100 mile ride today. On his bicycle. Yep. He's crazy but I love him. I promised him a sweet treat when he got home. After all, he needs some calories to make up for all that exercise. I'm hoping there will be some left after I get home from the gym.

Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 muffins. From www.bakeand break.com

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
  • 1/3 c granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 c chocolate chips


Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 375
  • Lightly grease 12 c muffin tin
  • In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
  • Melt butter
  •  In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Stir in melted butter, milk, and vanilla. 
  • Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
  • Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Spoon batter into muffin tins - filing the 2/3 full.
  • Bake for 20 -22 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.



4 comments:

  1. I just realized that if I like chocolate chip cookies and cake, I would love chocolate chip muffins. I must make these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ The Sweet Life - Hi! Thanks for becoming a follower!

    @ chayacomfycook - I love chocolate chip anything so these hit the spot! Let me know how you like them if you get a chance to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely muffins, nice to have found your blog, hope to visit more often. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates