Monday, October 11, 2010

Smoked Brisket

Bike Boy smoked some brisket on our new smoker yesterday and it was awesome. So juicy and flavorful. I think I'll let him keep going for as long as he wants. It was that good.

I'm not a huge red meat fan to the horror of my meat-eating Midwestern family back in Indiana. I don't think we ever made meat like this growing up. If we had, maybe meat and I would have a different relationship. But we ate steaks (not that I'm knocking steaks) but it was HOW those steaks were made that made me hesitate when the idea of beef came up for dinner. I still can't watch my parents or in-laws eat steak. Two ends of the spectrum, one too well done and one not done enough. I think I'll have some chicken or maybe this brisket.



 Doesn't this look yummy?
Doesn't that just make your mouth water? Bike Boy used a rub that was peppery and smoky, almost like our favorite BBQ joint down here.

Rub recipe from Smoke and Spice
by Cheryl and Bill Jamison
3/4 c paprika
1/4 c freshly ground pepper
1/4 c coarse seat salt
1/4 c sugar
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp cayenne pepper

Mix seasonings together and rub on meat. Store extra rub in a cool, dry place.
Allow meat to sit in rub overnight. Smoke or grill as desired.


 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates