Saturday, November 27, 2010

12 Weeks of Cookies - It's sweet enough to be called a dessert. :)

Dear blogging friends,
I tried to make cookies. I really did. But I ran out of time. But I did make some delicious cinnamon rolls that I'm linking up; they would be perfect to make and give out as a Christmas gift. They are partly a passed down family recipe and partly my own. While I was reading the recipe, I noticed that some amounts and times were missing. Hmmm, okay. Let's see how I can make this work and if I do say so myself, they were amazing. Perfect texture of the dough, sweetness of the filling, and a just tiny bit of glaze.

OMG, yummy!

Cinnamon Rolls
  • 1 package of rapid rise yeast
  • 1 c warm water (105 -110 degrees)
  • 1 c evaporated milk
  • 1/3 c sugar
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 1/3 margarine, softened
  • 6 c all purpose flour
 Filling:
  • 3/4 cup melted butter
  • 1 c brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp cinnamon

Glaze:
  • 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tbsp milk
Directions:
  • Dissolve yeast in a cup of warm water and let stand until foamy. 
  • While the yeast is proofing, heat evaporated milk to a lukewarm temperature.
  • Add sugar, salt, and softened butter in a large bowl. Pour the heated milk over the sugar mixture. Stir to combine.
  • Add yeast mixture to sugar mixture and stir.
  • Add flour a cup at a time, stirring after each addition of flour.
  • Knead dough for about 8-10 minutes.
  • Let rise until doubled in size, about 2-3 hours.
  • Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
  • Roll out dough into a large rectangular shape. 
  • Brush melted butter on top of dough and top with brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
  • Roll dough into a log and cut into 1" slices.
  • Place cinnamon rolls in pan about 1" apart and let them rise again for about 30 minutes or until slices of dough begin to touch.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 
  • While the cinnamon rolls are cooling, make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle the mixture on the cinnamon rolls and enjoy!


Check out the delicious goodies the other bakers made this week. :-)

5 comments:

  1. As far as I'm concerned, cinnamon rolls are a great dessert. Yours look amazing, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made cinnamon rolls in so long, but I love them! You have provided me with the inspirational nudge I needed:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made cinnamon rolls, but I really want to! And you're right, it makes such a nice gift!
    Thank you for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job making the recipe work. Your rolls look fantastic. These would definitely be a treat on Christmas morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They may not be cookies, but they look great to me! I love homemade cinnamon rolls and these look perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates