Friday, November 5, 2010

12 Weeks of Cookies Week 6 - Snickerdoodles

As I was making these cookies, I was reminded of this cookie stand in the mall we used to go to when I was little. They had the biggest and chewiest snickerdoodle cookies. I used to beg my mom and dad for a cookie. I know snickerdoodles were a favorite of ours. It's amazing to me how a cookie can bring out old memories. Love that and these simple cookies. :)

Snickerdoodle Cookies
adapted from Betty Crocker 
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 sugar
  • 1 c butter, softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 3/4 c flour
  • 2 tsp cream of tarter
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
  • Mix 1/4 c sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon together in a shallow bowl; set aside.
  • Combine flour, cream of tarter, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside. 
  • Beat sugar and butter together until creamy.
  • Add eggs, honey, vanilla to mixture and beat until well combined.
  • Stir in flour mixture.
  • Chill dough for 1-2 hours.
  • Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll balls in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
  • Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until centers are almost set. 
  • Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack and let cool completely.



Linked to I'm Lovin It Fridays
Let's see what the other bakers are making this week...

12 comments:

  1. I didn't have a snickerdoodle until recently, and have definitely come to appreciate them later in life. Of course, anything covered in cinnamon and sugar is good in my world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never go wrong with the classics! Your cookies look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snickerdoodles are a favorite cookie to so many, they're always a winner! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snickerdoodles were always a favorite of mine too. I could never get enough of them as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snickerdoodle are a favorite at our house too. Yours look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big and chewy. that sounds just about right! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, can't go wrong with these! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the lovely comments, ladies! I will definitely make these cookies again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When it comes to a simple and quick cookie, snickerdoodles are my choice, too. And I so love cinnamon. The recipe I used last time gave a bit cakey cookies, and I'd really like them chewy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The simple recipes are the best! Mostly when they come with sweet memories!
    I'll have to make these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently watched a movie called "Stranger than Fiction" featuring Will Farrell and there was this scene where he said he didn't like cookies.. but the baker insisted that he take a cookie, dip it in the milk, and eat it - and he did, and it brought back all the childhood memories and made him feel so happy and all gooey inside. Lol anyway, thought your cookies reminded me of that scene in the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just made Snickerdoodle Cupcakes. LOVE IT!
    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2010/11/snickerdoodle-cupcakes.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates