Friday, November 19, 2010

12 Weeks of Cookies Week 8 - Puppy Chow

Puppy Chow might not be a cookie but it is one of my favorite treats to make during the holidays. I love the ease of the recipe and the results are delicious!

One of our friends is a huge fan of puppy chow and was so thrilled to hear that puppy chow was this week's "cookie." His smile was so wide when I mentioned it and I knew I couldn't disappoint. I'm sure he'll have his share (and more) of this delicious treat!

I compared my recipe of puppy chow to the muddy buddy recipe on the back of the Chex box and mine is a bit different. Turns out my family likes more peanut butter and butter. Ha!

Puppy Chow for People
  • 3/4 c peanut butter
  • 12 oz (1 bag) semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 c butter
  • 2 c powdered sugar
  • 1 box Rice Chex (you can use other kinds but I like Rice)
Directions:
  • Pour Chex into a large bowl and set aside.
  • In a microwave-safe bowl, melt peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips. Microwave for 1 minute then stir and microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
  • Pour chocolate mixture over Chex mix and stir until well coated. 
  • Pour powdered sugar into a gallon size Ziploc bag.
  • Add Chex mix to the bag and shake well. 
  • Pour out and enjoy!


Post Linked to: I'm Lovin It Fridays
Let's see what yummy treats the other bakers have on tap this week...

12 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! I love puppy chow with SunButter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy,
    Guess what? You won my CSN giveaway! Send me an email at MM.seasidesimplicity.gmail.com and I'll send you the gift code - congrats!!!
    I love puppy chow by the way, one of my holiday favs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum a puppy chow that's even peanut butterier. You can't go wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love puppy chow!! But my little one loves it more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember making this as a kid and loving it! I think they would so much fun to make with kids. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks good! I'm thinking Rice Chex is a breakfast cereal - would I be right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Marcellina: Yes, Rice Chex is a breakfast cereal. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this stuff!! I could eat the whole batch myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm... Puppy Chow is one of my favorites! It's so addicting though... :-) BTW, I've tried making it with Wheat Chex (to make it "healthier") and it doesn't taste near as good. Corn Chex and Crispix work pretty well though, but the best is definitely Rice Chex. Happy chowing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tracy! I have an award for you over at my blog. I hope you will accept as you so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This would make not only your friend, but everyone smile! YUMM

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM! This stuff is so easy and addictive! We call it muddy buddies:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates