One of our friends is a huge fan of puppy chow and was so thrilled to hear that puppy chow was this week's "cookie." His smile was so wide when I mentioned it and I knew I couldn't disappoint. I'm sure he'll have his share (and more) of this delicious treat!
I compared my recipe of puppy chow to the muddy buddy recipe on the back of the Chex box and mine is a bit different. Turns out my family likes more peanut butter and butter. Ha!
Puppy Chow for People
- 3/4 c peanut butter
- 12 oz (1 bag) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c butter
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 box Rice Chex (you can use other kinds but I like Rice)
- Pour Chex into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips. Microwave for 1 minute then stir and microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour chocolate mixture over Chex mix and stir until well coated.
- Pour powdered sugar into a gallon size Ziploc bag.
- Add Chex mix to the bag and shake well.
- Pour out and enjoy!
Post Linked to: I'm Lovin It Fridays
Let's see what yummy treats the other bakers have on tap this week...