adapted from My Kitchen Cafe
- 2 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 3 c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 c canola or vegetable oil
- 4 lg eggs
- 2/3 c water
- 1 c chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 c chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease your pans with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add in pumpkin, water, and oil and mix to combine.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and/or walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for about 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Darker pans will bake more quickly so you could turn down the heat to 325 to prevent burning on the bottom.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes in pan and then run a knife down the sides to release the bread and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.