I saw LouAnne made some on her blog and thought they looked delicious and was dying to try them. I made some minor adjustments to suit my tastes and here we are. Yummy spinach goodness. I definitely would have eaten these if they were on my plate when I was a child. Too bad Popeye didn't think of these babies when he was clamoring for some Spinach.
Adapted from LouAnne's Kitchen
- I box of frozen spinach, thawed and drained (about 12 oz)
- 1 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a baking sheet
- Steam the spinach in the microwave for 4-5 minutes, drain spinach
- Mix all ingredients together until you reach a meatball-like consistency.
- Scoop with a small cookie scoop and roll into balls.
- Place on prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.