Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Appetizer: Spinach Balls

Spinach, either you love it or you hate it. During my lifetime, I have done both. When I was little and it was on my plate, I'm sure the word "eww" came out of my mouth. But this spinach is different. It has cheese and breadcrumbs and garlic. How yum!

I saw LouAnne made some on her blog and thought they looked delicious and was dying to try them. I made some minor adjustments to suit my tastes and here we are. Yummy spinach goodness. I definitely would have eaten these if they were on my plate when I was a child. Too bad Popeye didn't think of these babies when he was clamoring for some Spinach.




Spinach Balls
Adapted from LouAnne's Kitchen

Ingredients:
  • I box of frozen spinach, thawed and drained (about 12 oz)
  • 1 c grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 c milk
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Grease a baking sheet
  • Steam the spinach in the microwave for 4-5 minutes, drain spinach
  • Mix all ingredients together until you reach a meatball-like consistency.
  • Scoop with a small cookie scoop and roll into balls.
  • Place on prepared baking sheet
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. I love spinach but have only ever eaten it plain. Now I can see what I've been missing all my life. These sound great. I see you've changed the look of your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These spinach balls look awesome! I must try this recipe very soon!
    Your blog is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Lisa! They are bite sized spinach goodness!
    Thank you , Manu! I do hope you get to try out the recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates