Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap in Pictures

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend full of good food, family, and friends. I know we did. Our family visit got cut short but we enjoyed the time we did have together. This weekend, Bike Boy and I managed to get all the Christmas decorations up and the house cleaned up from the week of cooking.

Here are some pictures of our Thanksgiving feast.

Spinach Balls for Appetizers 


Whole wheat rolls. Don't you love the mini loaf of bread?

Carrots in Brown Sugar and Butter Sauce. Recipe to come soon.
I'm making No Drippings Gravy. Recipe to come soon.
The table. :)
The turkey on the grill. There is a pan of "gravy broth" underneath.

The Turkey. Isn't it beautiful?
Family getting ready to devour the delicious dinner.

Yummy Pies for Dessert!

How did your Thanksgiving dinner go? Was it a success? Now onto planning for our Holiday Party in two weeks. Love this time of year!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like your Thanksgiving dinner was a success filled with food that would make people smack their lips in delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been busy and have not been visiting my usual blogs so today I'm catching up. I love reading about the American tradition of Thanksgiving and I love your pics. The spinach balls are definately to try especially as there is no frying involved! I find it amazing that everyone bakes bread for Thanksgiving -such a wonderful tradition! And the cinnamon rolls are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Lisa: the parents were pretty impressed by the dinner and I've had about 7 leftover dinners for lunch and dinner. That must mean something, right?

    @ Marcellina: Thank you for the kind words; hubby did not care for the spinach balls but I thought they were amazing! And the cinnamon rolls were awesome. I'm dying to make them again!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates