In my quest to eat more healthy and to make more food at home, I had a desire to make some bread. To give our bread machine some love. It was a delicious experiment and one I'll definitely repeat.
|Gorgeous! Both the bread and my pastry board. :)|
Taste of Home
- 1/2 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Happy Bread Making!