Friday, December 3, 2010

12 Weeks of Cookies Week 10 - Gooey Melt in Your Mouth Chocolate Brownies

Mmm, brownies. They are one of my favorite things to eat but I'm usually never the one to make them. I was feeling adventurous this week and decided to make my own.

If I made these brownies again, I would use semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate chips. But that's really all I would change, I love brownies that are chewy and have a melt in your mouth goodness. If you are looking for a gooey brownie recipe, this one works really well. Bike Boy came home and tried them and loved them. What more could a wife want really?

Gooey Melt in Your Mouth Chocolate Brownies
adapted from Southern Living
Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 3/4 c granulated sugar
  • 1/3 c butter
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
  • 1/4 c cocoa
  • 2 lg eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 c all purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 c chopped pecans or walnuts
  • powdered sugar
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  • Combine  water, sugar, and butter in saucepan. 
  • Bring to a boil over heat, stirring constantly.
  • Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and cocoa. Stir until smooth. 
  • Let cool for about 5 minutes.
  • Add eggs to chocolate mixture 1 at a time, stirring after each addition. Your mixture should looks very smooth at this point.
  • Add in vanilla extract and stir to combine.
  • In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt. Stir in chopped pecans. 
  • Stir flour mixture mixture into the chocolate mixture. 
  • Spread into a lightly greased 9" pan.
  • Bake at 325 degree oven for 23-28 minutes.
  • Cool on a wire rack.
  • When brownies are cool, dust with powdered sugar.
  • Cut into squares and enjoy!




10 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! And delicious!
    Brownies ate one my favorite treats to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love brownies, especially gooey ones with nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gooey in a brownie is the best! They look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious! I've never made my own brownies before from scratch. How sad am I???

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was my first time making brownies from scratch, Erin! It's actually way easier than I thought it would be. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are gooey brownie too. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! What a thing to see before breakfast! I could go for one of them right now. They look and sound delicious! I'm new here and happy to find your blog. I'll look around now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm these look delicious! I love really good gooey brownies! Hasn't everyone just stepped up a notch as we approach the end of the 12 weeks of Christmas Cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love gooey brownies made from scratch. I think homemade always tastes better. Love the crackly tops on yours. By the way, I'm holding a giveaway on my blog for Orglamix Organic makeup and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/12/orglamix-organic-mineral-makeup-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Tracy! These look sinful...I love it! I'm all about gooey brownies!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates