If I made these brownies again, I would use semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate chips. But that's really all I would change, I love brownies that are chewy and have a melt in your mouth goodness. If you are looking for a gooey brownie recipe, this one works really well. Bike Boy came home and tried them and loved them. What more could a wife want really?
adapted from Southern Living
- 2 tbsp water
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/3 c butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 1/4 c cocoa
- 2 lg eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c chopped pecans or walnuts
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine water, sugar, and butter in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and cocoa. Stir until smooth.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs to chocolate mixture 1 at a time, stirring after each addition. Your mixture should looks very smooth at this point.
- Add in vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Stir flour mixture mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Spread into a lightly greased 9" pan.
- Bake at 325 degree oven for 23-28 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- When brownies are cool, dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!