Now onto this week's cookie: Wanna see a picture? Okay, okay, you twisted my arm.
adapted from My Texas Life magazine
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar, divided
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c sifted whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Line a cookies sheet with foil and set aside.
- Combine 1 c powdered sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine butter and 1/2 c powdered sugar in large mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Add sifted flour and salt to butter mixture mix on low speed for about 2 minutes.
- Roll cookie dough into 1" rounded balls and place on foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Chill for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake cookies on center oven rack for 16-18 minutes.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.
- Once cookies are cool, roll them in the cinnamon sugar mixture.