Friday, December 17, 2010

Final Week of 12 Weeks of Cookies

I cannot believe it's already the 12th and final week of this baking group! I have had so much fun and discovered so many new and wonderful blogs. I want to thank April from Abby Sweets for hosting this baking group. Thanks April for letting me be a part of the party! It was a lot of fun and I have a ton of new recipes to try.

We had a great time at our annual holiday party this past weekend and I wanted to show you all a couple of pictures of the cookies I made for the party.




Caramel Pecan Thumbprints from Bree @ Baked Bree. Chocolate Caramel Pecan Thumbprints

Snickerdoodles were a huge hit at the party. Snickerdoodle Recipe
Mint M&M cookies, melt in your mouth goodness!


Brown sugar cookies made in the Wilton Holiday Cookie Pan. Gave me all sorts of headaches but they were very delicious as always.
Click the links to see the recipes for the thumbprints and snickerdoodles.

Here are the recipes for the Mint M&M cookies and Brown Sugar cookies. I hope you enjoy making these this upcoming holiday season!

Mint M&M Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 c all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened @ rm temp.
  • 3/4 c sugar
  • 1/4 brown sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 bag mint m&m's

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside
  • Cream butter with sugars. Cream until fluffy.
  • Add eggs, salt, vanilla, and honey. Stir until well blended.
  • Add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, stirring between additions.
  • Fold in m&m's.
  • Scoop dough onto a parchment covered cookie sheet leaving about 1 1/2' space between cookies. Bake 9-11 minutes in 350 degree oven. 
  • Let sit for 2-3 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack. 

Brown Sugar Cookies
by: Tracy's Grandmother

Ingredients:
  • 1 c brown sugar
  • 2 sticks of margarine 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c buttermilk (I use sour milk - 1/2 c milk with 1/2 tsp vinegar and let sit for about 5 minutes)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3 c flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
  • Cream sugar, margarine, and eggs together. Beat well.
  • Add milk and vanilla and beat well.
  • Stir in flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon. 
  • This dough is extremely sticky so flour your hands and rolling pin very well before rolling out dough. 
  • Roll out on a flour covered board or mat and cut into desired shapes.
  • Bake at 375 for 8 minutes. 
  • Let cool completely on a wire rack.




Post Linked to I'm Lovin It Fridays

22 comments:

  1. Love all of your cookies! It's been great baking along with you this year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy! It's been fun baking with you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a bonus! All of them look delicious and the snowflakes are beautiful. I've had a wonderful time baking along with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting the party! I'm so inspired. Merry Christmas!
    P.S. Are you missing snow? I'm a MD Girl Living/Trying to Stay Positive in TX:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Pam! I have enjoyed baking along with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are MINT M&Ms?? How have I not heard of them? Are they new?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heidi- I miss looking at the snow but not dealing with all winter long!! My family has already said the schools back home had had snow days. Wow!

    I hope you have a Merry Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Samantha- I found them at Target this year. They are the perfect holiday colors, red, green, and white!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! Look at all your amazing cookies! You've been busy! The chocolate caramel thumbprint cookies are on my to make list this weekend. They look heavenly!!!! Have an amazing holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erin- Yep, I have been busy! :) The thumbprints are one of my favorites. Definitely a keeper for sure!
    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been a busy baker! All of your cookies look wonderful, but the thumbprints are my favorite! YUM! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of these cookies look fantastic. I've really enjoyed baking with you. By the way, I tried your fudge recipe and loved it. I'll let you know when I post it. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Sue and Lisa! I have enjoyed baking with you both! Merry Christmas!!
    Lisa- I'm glad you tried the fudge. :) It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have to try those thumbprints. I've enjoyed seeing what you had each week and can't wait to see what you bake next.
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! Look at all those cookies! I don' think I could choose just one :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous display of cookies!! and i love that christmas tree in your background! merry Christmas Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All wonderful cookies! It has been great baking along with you and knowing your blog! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, my grandmother makes brown sugar cookies too -- how I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm happy you could use your Wilton cookie pan!!!
    All your cookies look great and yummy!
    Have a safe trip to Mid-West! And enjoy your White Christmas!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's been a fun 12 weeks. How lucky that your co-workers got to eat your fabulous cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the lovely comments, ladies! I had an amazing time baking with each of you! Wishing you a fabulous 2011!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates