We had a great time at our annual holiday party this past weekend and I wanted to show you all a couple of pictures of the cookies I made for the party.
|Caramel Pecan Thumbprints from Bree @ Baked Bree. Chocolate Caramel Pecan Thumbprints|
|Snickerdoodles were a huge hit at the party. Snickerdoodle Recipe|
|Mint M&M cookies, melt in your mouth goodness!|
|Brown sugar cookies made in the Wilton Holiday Cookie Pan. Gave me all sorts of headaches but they were very delicious as always.|
Here are the recipes for the Mint M&M cookies and Brown Sugar cookies. I hope you enjoy making these this upcoming holiday season!
Mint M&M Cookies
- 2 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened @ rm temp.
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag mint m&m's
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside
- Cream butter with sugars. Cream until fluffy.
- Add eggs, salt, vanilla, and honey. Stir until well blended.
- Add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, stirring between additions.
- Fold in m&m's.
- Scoop dough onto a parchment covered cookie sheet leaving about 1 1/2' space between cookies. Bake 9-11 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- Let sit for 2-3 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack.
Brown Sugar Cookies
by: Tracy's Grandmother
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 sticks of margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c buttermilk (I use sour milk - 1/2 c milk with 1/2 tsp vinegar and let sit for about 5 minutes)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 c flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Cream sugar, margarine, and eggs together. Beat well.
- Add milk and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir in flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon.
- This dough is extremely sticky so flour your hands and rolling pin very well before rolling out dough.
- Roll out on a flour covered board or mat and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Post Linked to I'm Lovin It Fridays