Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Homemade Gift Idea #1

I have been thinking a lot about what to do for Christmas gifts this week. Blame it on Cyber Monday and Cyber Week (ok, I like to shop at Amazon way too much). I scored some great deals but I know that our friends and family love to try all my baking and cooking goodies. While cookies and fudge are great, I was thinking of something that was a little unique. I thought I could make up some jam and package the jam with this lovely mini loaf of bread.

My dad could not stop raving about this little mini loaf of bread I made for Thanksgiving. It was adorable and delicious. This roll recipe makes several of these mini loaves and they would be great as neighbor, teacher, or co-worker gifts.
Wrap the loaf pan with some cellophane and voila, beautiful and delicious Christmas gift!
The mini loaf pans are $1 at Michaels or JoAnns Fabrics and come in festive colors for the season.


Here a link to the recipe for the rolls. http://tracy-midwesterngirl.blogspot.com/2010/10/fluffy-whole-wheat-rolls.html To make the mini-loaves, cut the dough in 6-8 portions (depending on how big you would like the bread to be). Make sure you have big enough portions to fill the loaf pan about halfway full. More than that and they might rise and expand too much. Place the dough into the greased loaf pan. Let the dough rise for 30 minutes and bake at 400 degrees for about 12-15 minutes until golden brown on top.


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea for a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found those mini loaf pans at Michael's too and was over the moon happy to find such a great price. I can't wait to start baking with them and your mini bread idea looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates