Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

We awoke to snow this morning and it hasn't stopped. With the snow falling, it looks like a winter wonderland! You just don't see that in Texas.

We have been baking like crazy this week; we made oatmeal raisin cookies, chocolate fudge, puff pastry raviolis, caramel pecan chocolate thumbprints, and mint chocolate chip cookies. Trying to keep Bike Boy and my BIL from eating them all before tomorrow!

My mom and mother-in-law made snickerdoodles with me this morning and then we all made rum cake. The cake is baking and I lost my helpers but it's okay. The snow is the perfect background for a Christmas cake. I hope we make this an annual tradition.

Apparently, my father has been holding out on me because we have a family recipe for Southern Comfort cake that has been passed down. I hope to get the recipe soon and share with you all.

I wish each and every one of you a wonderful Christmas filled with family, love and SNOW! I'll back next week with some recipes to share. Thank you for reading my little blog and encouraging me to keep going with it.

Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas for you and your family!
    I think you have a lovely blog! I enjoy it a lot! So, I'm passing you an award in my blog:
    http://dessertfirst-manu.blogspot.com/2010/12/one-lovely-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Manu! That is so very sweet of you!! I'll check it out later today. :) I hope you had a wonderful holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates