Friday, December 31, 2010

Whole Wheat Bread

Bike Boy and I were cleaning out our kitchen cabinets this past week, trying to fit all the new kitchen gadgets and fun stuff into a new home and I came across our bread machine. Our bread machine that has just taken up space for many years, unused and unloved. Do you have any of those appliances in your kitchen?

In my quest to eat more healthy and to make more food at home, I had a desire to make some bread. To give our bread machine some love. It was a delicious experiment and one I'll definitely repeat.

Gorgeous! Both the bread and my pastry board. :)



 
Whole Wheat Bread
 Taste of Home
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
  • 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 cups bread flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 package of active dry yeast
Directions:
  • In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. 
  • Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. 
  • Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). 
Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).


Happy Bread Making!

4 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous loaf of bread, just the way it should be. Looks like your breadmaking skills are good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my bread machine but like you I know only use it once a week to make my pizza dough quickly and easily.You recipe looks good. I must try making more use of the bread machine. How lucky you got lovely kitchen gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family was very generous this year which was amazing to me!
    Bike Boy even mentioned that this loaf of bread could potentially become our bread of choice for lunches, it's only about 111 calories per slice so not too bad. I do hope both you and I can use our respective bread machines this year!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates