Monday, January 10, 2011

Menu Plan - January 9th

I have to admit something to you all. I try and try to make a menu and stick with it but sometimes it just doesn't work. This past week was one of those weeks. The last part of the week just kicked my butt.

I've been preoccupied this past week with some family concerns; everyone is ok but it's scary to think about the frailty of our loved ones at times. And the fact that we live so far away, well that doesn't help matters. I'm hoping this week will be much better but I think I'm going to pick one new recipe and try that this week so I don't overwhelm myself.


So here's what we're having this week:

Sunday: Ravioli  (We eat this stuff all the time! It's frozen and a super quick and yummy meal) and Rosemary Bread

Monday: Breaded Chicken Breast with homemade marinara sauce with some freshly steamed broccoli

Tuesday: Herbed Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs (new recipe!)

Wednesday: Pot Roast with Mashed Potatoes and Carrots

Thursday: Roast Beef Sandwiches

Friday: I'm making an extra meal for our neighbors. Not sure what to make for them yet. We'll probably do a dinner out or make some pizza @ home.

Saturday: Poker Night! I'm making dinner for our poker buddies. Thinking chicken/beef fajitas with queso, rice, and beans.

I like the way this week is shaping up as far as meals go. I'll let you know how the rest of it looks after my interview and lesson demo (second one!!) @ 8 a.m. Monday.


Post Linked to Menu Plan Mondays@www.orgjunkie.com

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a delicious week! There are many times my menu plans don't work out exactly as planned but more times than not having the plan in place and not having to think about what's for dinner has been a life saver. Hope all is well with the family.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates