Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mini Chocolate Chip -Pecan Muffins

OMG. I love muffins. And these mini muffins are no exception. They are melt in your mouth amazing; the sweetness of the mini chocolate chips with the crunch of the pecans. I even licked the batter and I never do that. Really I don't. But this batter. Oh yeah. Definitely one recipe to keep around for those moments when you must have chocolate. And today was a needing chocolate day. But it's all better now, especially when I have these muffins.

Have I enticed you yet? Because I'm fairly certain there will not be any left for Bike Boy. I guess I'll have to make more. Damn.

Mini Chocolate Chip Pecan Muffins
makes 24 mini muffins
  • 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
  • 1/3 c granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 c mini chocolate chips
  • 1/4 c finely chopped pecans
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375
  • Lightly grease a mini muffin pan
  • Place stick of butter in a microwave safe bowl and melt butter. Let butter cool before adding to egg mixture.
  • In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
  • In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Stir in cooled melted butter, milk, and vanilla. 
  • Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
  • Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Add pecans and fold to combine.
  • Spoon batter into muffin pan (I used my cookie scoop and it was the perfect size!)
  • Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. My 6 year thanks you in advance for this recipe :) He's a little chocoholic & muffin fan - can't wait to surprise him with this on Sunday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe combines all my favorite flavors. I will make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mini muffins are so good and chocolate chips only make them better. Looks like the ideal breakfast to start the day off right.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates