adapted from America's Test Kitchen
1/4 cup of all pupose flour
1/8 tsp dried salt, pepper oregano, basil, thyme, and rosemary
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and pounded down 1/2 thickness
12 ounces (3-4) red potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp fresh oregano or 1/4 tsp dried
1/2 tsp fresh rosemary or 1/8 tsp dried
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup forzen peas, thawed
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp lemon juice
- Place the the flour and herbs in a shallow baking dish. Pat the chicken breast dry with paper towel. Dredge the chicken breast in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Grill the chicken on the grill or a griddle pan, cooking it until the juices are no longer pink.
- While the chicken is cooking (give the chicken about a 5 minutes head start cooking time), heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet. Oil should be hot and sizzling. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, oregano, rosemary, and 1/8 tsp salt and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the broth and wine, scraping up any browned bits.
- Add the thawed peas to the potato mixture to heat. Heat the sauce on medium-high heat until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add butter and lemon juice and simmer for about 1-2 minutes.
- Nestle cooked chicken in the mixture to coat with the sauce.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and potatoes and enjoy!