And since it's Easter weekend, I thought I would practice some of my new piping skills and make some Easter/Spring decorations. :) Definitely still a beginner but getting better.
|No Easter cupcake can be complete without a nest filled with jelly beans.|
|Look at my pretty leaves!! And you can see the poppy seeds in the cupcake too. Bonus!|
Lemon and Poppy Seed Cupcakes
recipe from All in One Bake Shop
makes 18 -20 cupcakes
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp clear pure vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon extract
- poppy seeds to taste - I used about 3/4 tbsp, just enough to see in the batter
The directions on these cupcakes are different that the ones I have made before. But it is well worth the uniqueness!
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line cupcake pans with liners
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and butter to mixer. Mix until it begins to resemble wet sand.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla to mixture and mix until well blended.
- Stir in lemon extract and poppy seeds.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until the tops spring back or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.