Monday, June 20, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pretzel Bars

I love salty foods. Even more so than sweet foods. I know, crazy. So when I saw this recipe for chocolate chips AND pretzels in cookie form, I could not resist. I love the taste of this bar but I would definitely add more pretzels next time. I really couldn't get that salty flavor as much as I was hoping for.  I drizzled some melted chocolate on top and oh wow, they are amazing. Thick and chewy with this melt in your mouth loveliness. I have a feeling I will be getting requests for this bar again. 





Chocolate Chip Pretzel Bars
adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels, chopped (I would suggest, at least 2 cups)
  • Chocolate chips, melted for drizzle

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 pan.
  • Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
  • Cream butter with both sugars until light and fluffy.
  • Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
  • Beat in dry ingredients until just incorporated. 
  • Fold in chocolate chips and pretzels.
  • Spread batter evenly in 9x13 pan. Press dough dough to fill entire pan.
  • Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Middle may be a bit gooey but bars will set up as they cool.
  • Let cool completely and then drizzle melted chocolate on top. 
  • Cut bars into squares and serve. 
Enjoy!
     

    Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates