|Check out the new plates! Crate and Barrel on sale!|
Peanut Butter and Nutella Cookies
Adapted from a recipe by Annie's Eats
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shortening - I used a high ratio shortening I get from a bake shop in town
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 lg eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda) and set aside.
- Cream together shortening, butter, peanut butter, Nutella, and honey.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, beating well after every addition.
- Add vanilla extract to butter mixture and stir to combine.
- With mixer on low add dry ingredients slowly (about a 1/2 cup at a time) and beat until just incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape dough into round balls and place about 1 - 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10 -13 minutes. Check on them at about the 8 minute mark to make sure they don't overbake. Allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.