Sunday, July 17, 2011

Skinny White/Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

Long name for a cookie, huh? But whatever you call them, they won't disappoint! These bite-size little darlings are soft on the inside and have a nice crunchy bottom, making them a hit in my book. I do hope you find the time to try them yourself!

Hubby and I were at Sprouts grocery store yesterday and I happened upon a barrel of swirled white and dark chocolate chips. I told him that I must have them to make cookies! He never objects when cookies are the final outcome. I do love that man.

Here are the chocolate chips I found. Kind of reminds me of zebra stripes. I guess I'm into black and white this month. :)


So I turned to my trusty Google Reader and went in search for some recipes. I love that Lisa from Sweet as Sugar Cookies ( Chocolate Chip Cookie Winner ) did a whole comparison of chocolate chip cookies recently but the winning recipe(s) make you wait overnight to let the dough meld together. I wasn't that patient today. :)
Joanne Chang's cookies are up next time when I have more patience. :)

I also saw a recipe for skinny chocolate chip cookies on Finding Joy in My Kitchen Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies.
You mean I could have my cookie fix and be somewhat healthy? Had to try that for sure. And no chilling time. Bonus!
So off we go...


Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Finding Joy in My Kitchen

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed and divided
  • a little over 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Whisk together flours, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
  • Cream butter and 1/4 cup of brown sugar together.
  • Add the rest of the brown sugar (1/2 cup) to the mixer and mix to combine.
  • Add egg and vanilla and cream together until smooth.
  • Slowly add in flour mixture and mix until well-blended.
  • Fold in chocolate chips.
  • Scoop onto greased or parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
  • Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Yum, gotta love it when treats are lighter. Can't wait till you try Joanne Chang's CCCs.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates