Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Easy Peasy Ice Cream

It is so dang hot here that I can't bear to turn on my oven. We had our first 107 degree day this week and there is no end in sight. I need some relief. Hmm, how about some homemade ice cream? Oh I haven't had ice cream in forever.

So I went searching the net for some ideas to make ice cream without an ice cream maker. Turns out it's pretty easy! Amanda from Kevin and Amanda has this great ice cream recipe that only uses two ingredients.I love that you can make ice cream with only two ingredients. Wonderful!


* Update: I meant to take a picture of the ice cream but when I went to set it out to warm up a little so I could have perfect little scoops, hubby came by and snacked on the ice cream. Before I knew it, it was gone. It was that delicious, folks. *


Easy Peasy Ice Cream

Ingredients:
  • One can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 16 oz of heavy cream
  • Mix ins of your choice

Directions:
  • Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
  • Add your choice of flavors, toppings, and mix-ins into the sweetened condensed milk. 
  • Fold whipped cream into milk mixture.
  • Freeze for at least 6 hours.
Here's a picture of my creation: Cherry chocolate chip ice cream. Delish!!
Some other great ideas:
Mexican vanilla and strawberry
Vanilla Bean 
Crushed Oreos
Here is a direct link to some of Amanda's fabulous ice cream flavors: 


 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates