Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes with an Animal Print Design

I think I have just found my red velvet recipe. This one is fluffy and light with the slightest hint of chocolate flavor. At least in my opinion. :) My hubby's co-workers can post their thoughts tomorrow after they get a chance to eat them. ha

I just recently joined the website, My Cake School and saw this wonderful tutorial on making leopard print cupcakes on Melissa's blog. This website is so addicting and I'm so glad to have a bunch of new and creative cakes to try this fall. :) It's so hard to choose what to make next!
Here's my version of leopard print cupcakes.


I hope you enjoy them!

Here's the recipe from My Cake School Website:

Southern Red Velvet- (Cake Man Raven’s Recipe)
 Submitted by member jfolzman (thanks Jill!)
  • 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 cups veg. oil
  • 1 cup buttermilk, room temp.
  • 2 eggs, room temp.
  • 1 tsp "red red" Americolor Food Coloring
  • 1 tsp maroon Americolor Food Coloring
  • 1 tsp. vinegar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 and line 2 dozen cupcake pans. 
  • Sift the dry ingredients together.
  • Whisk the wet ingredients together.
  • Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until completely incorporated. 
  • Scoop into lined cupcake pans and bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

1 comment:

  1. I work from home most every day but these cupcakes that Kevin brings in are making me seriously reconsider the gas savings and the convenience of working from home. Do you deliver? :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates