I learned how to make these violets using the violet flower sticker like this one on the upper left:
- Purple Royal Icing
- Piping Bag or Parchment bag with coupler and tip 59
- Yellow Royal Icing
- Piping Bag or Parchment bag with coupler and tip 1
- Flower nail with Violet template
- Parchment Squares
- Tiny bit of Piping Gel
- Wave Flower Former (optional)
- Fill piping bag with tip 59 with purple icing. Fill the tip 1 with yellow icing. You will not need a lot of yellow as you are just using it for the small dots in the center of the violets.
- Position tip 59 with the wide end of the tip touching the center of the nail.
- The narrow end of the tip is pointed towards the edge of the nail and at a 45 degree angle.
- Using light pressure, move tip out slightly to the edge of the first line while slowly turning the nail. Relax the pressure as move the tip back to the center of the nail.
- Stop and lift the tip away.
- Repeat to make the other two bottom petals.
- Make two smaller petals across from the bottom petals leaving a small space between the top and bottom petals.
- Use tip 1 to add two center dots.
- Dry in the wave flower former (optional). Make sure to let them dry overnight before removing from parchment squares.
- Use to decorate cakes and cupcakes. :)