Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Violet Cake

Here is a picture of the cake I made for my final class for the Wilton Course 2. I learned so much about making flowers, color composition, and general cake arrangements.

The cake is a devil's food cake with a vanilla buttercream frosting decorated with royal icing violets and buttercream vines. This was my first attempt at making a shell border on a cake and I can't believe I waited so long, it's so easy!




Here is an up close pictures of the design:

Thanks for stopping by!


Post linked to Totally Tasty Tuesdays


2 comments:

  1. This cake is beautiful! I love the violet color against the yellow:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates