These are my absolute favorite chocolate cut out cookies. They taste like Oreos. I can't wait to make some more with some filling and make a batch of homemade Oreos for my friends and family. But beware, they are addictive!!!
I got the recipe and black cocoa from All In One Bake Shop in Austin. Love that place!!
Black Cocoa Cut-Out Cookies
Recipe from All In One Bake Shop
- 1 cup butter – room temperature
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup black cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add cocoa and mix.
- Combine flour,baking powder, baking soda and salt and add to mixture. Mix just until well incorporated – but you don’t see any white flour. Make sure not to over mix.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness between two pieces of parchment
- Refrigerate the flattened dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Peel parchment off of top side. Flip and peel off other parchment sheet. Cut into shapes and place cookies 1 inch apart on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes until cookie is stiff to the touch.
- Let cool completely and then decorate with royal icing.