I made a batch of chocolate cupcakes and then made one batch of buttercream icing and tinted it three colors: dark brown, light brown, and red. From there on, they were pretty easy to make.
- Fill three piping bags with each of the colors you have tinted; dark brown, light brown, and red. Attach a tip 21 to the dark brown and light brown bags. Attach a tip 81 to the red bag.
- Using the tip 21, cover the entire cupcake with stars to create the fur. Add additional stars on the sides to create the wings.
- Add another row of stars on the top of cupcake to create more "fur" to hold up the gumpaste eyes.
- To make the gumpaste eyes, roll out your gumpaste to about 1/8 - 1/4 inch thickness and using the bottom of any piping tip, cut out circles and let dry. When the eyes are dry or firm (about 5 minutes), use a food coloring pen to make the pupils.
- Attach the gumpaste eyes to the cupcakes, setting them into the crusted buttercream.
- Using the tip 81, make small lips in the center of the cupcakes to make the owl lips.
Have a great Monday!