Thursday, October 6, 2011

12 Weeks of Cookies - Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


It's week two of the 12 Weeks of Christmas cookies and I can't believe it. September just flew by and October is looking crazy busy but that's a good thing :). The weather has turned cooler (yay!!), cake orders are coming in (double yay!!), and three rooms have new wood flooring and are freshly painted (triple yay!!!). We have two more rooms to go and I finished painting our master bedroom yesterday. Every time I walk in there, I have to stop. It's such a wonderful change from the light blue color it used to be. I absolutely love it. Here is a picture of the new color. It's Renoir Bisque from Behr. So pretty. :)



And now that's you've heard all about my weeks of painting, putting in new floors, and making cakes, I'll get to the cookies. Ah, the cookies. The ones my husband loves. He'll eat every cookie I make but these are his favorite cookies of all time. They are always a staple on my holiday cookie tray, you can't go wrong with a simple yet delicious cookie. Trust me, they won't last long if you make these. They never last long at our house.



The Ultimate Oatmeal Cookies
Betty Crocker Cookie Book

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 cups quick cooking or old fashioned oats
  • 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup raisins (optional)

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  • Beat brown sugar, butter, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla salt, and eggs in a mixer on medium speed.
  • Stir in flour, oats, and raisins.
  • Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. 
  • Bake 9-11 minutes or until brown. Immediately remove to a wire rack to cool completely. 



8 comments:

  1. That's such a lovely color! Painting is so much fun and definitely can bring new life to a room. These cookies look incredible too...I love a good oatmeal cookie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oatmeal cookies with raisins are pure comfort food for me. Sounds like a fabulous cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love oatmeal cookies...this looks like a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! They didn't last long at all, glad I had one yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies....what a classic. A must have on every cookie plate. Love your bedroom paint color too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds wonderful Tracy, I just bought a big bag of oats yesterday, I know that I'll be making these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great minds think alike. I made oatmeal raisin cookies for my pick this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm... oatmeal raisin cookies. A winner every time!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates