Friday, October 14, 2011

12 Weeks of Cookies - Puff Pastry Bites

So these did not turn exactly how I had planned but they are still delicious. Somehow, the puff pastry did not get my memo that they were supposed to be little pinwheel pastries and decided to unravel in the oven. So I decided to improvise and drizzle some melted chocolate on top to make them more festive. Melted chocolate makes everything better.

They are super easy to make and absolutely beautiful to put on your holiday tray. I used store bought puff pastry, jam, and melted chocolate to make these. I love making goodies like this!

Puff Pastry Bites
created by Tracy of Midwestern Girl with a Tx Address

Ingredients:
  • A box of Puff Pastry
  • Jam of your choice (I used Strawberry)
  • Chocolate Chips, melted

Directions:
  • Thaw the puff pastry according to the directions.
  • Roll out the puff pastry to your desired thickness. I rolled them out to about 1/4 inch thick.
  • Using a square cookie cutter, cut the pastry into squares.
  • Put a small amount of jam in the center of the pastry square and fold each edge up to the middle. Make sure to pinch the dough closed or the dough will open up on you when they are in the oven.
  • Bake in an 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
  • Let cool and then drizzle melted chocolate on top of each puff pastry.
  • Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. These would be so fun for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, chocolate does make everything better, these look like a fun little treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE This!! At first when I saw the picture I was all bummed thinking it was some Martha Stewart creation. (I am NO Martha Stewart) Then when I read the recipe I was THRILLED as I honestly think even my 7 year old can make this!! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Laurie: I agree, I think they would be perfect for the holidays. The red jam says Christmas to me!

    @Trisha: Yay for chocolate, it saves the day!

    @Kim B: I am no Martha Stewart for sure! I am sure this would be a perfect cooking treat for kids. I hope you make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they look lovely! I love the chocolate and raspberry combo!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates