Monday, October 31, 2011

Monster Eye Cookies

Monster or Alien Cookies? Who knows but they are delicious!
I had a bunch of extra royal icing left over from the mini Halloween cookies I made this past weekend and I remembered a tip Callye from SweetSugarBelle's: use leftover royal icing to make eyes so you'll always have some on hand. I love that idea! And with Halloween almost here, I thought I could make some scary orange and black monster eyes. My monster eyes decided to pop up on some round cookies I made this morning. OMG, I love the black cocoa cookies. They are so rich and dark in flavor. Yummy!! Perfect for Halloween night. :) You can find the recipe for the black cocoa cookies here. I've been snacking on these in between the trick or treaters. We got a few big waves of kiddos but nothing like in years past. We have a lot of candy left! Between the candy and the cookies, we'll be in a sugar high for weeks! How was your Halloween night?



Scary, huh? :)

 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates