I just knew what I wanted to make with the bag that somehow jumped into my cart, m&m cookies! These cookies didn't turn out the way I had envisioned, they fell flat when they came out of the oven and the m&m's stuck out of the dough. Hmm, anyone have any ideas on how to prevent that? But don't let the flatness of the cookie dissuade you, they are delicious! I love making m&m cookies for the holidays, they are just a nice simple cookie that add a bit of color to your holiday tray!
recipe adapted from Lovin' From the Oven
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup regular size m&m's
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in small bowl. Set aside
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in m&m's and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.