When my husband came home and had one, he declared they were awesome. Later, he told me that these were one of the cookies he didn't want to take to work because he wanted them all to himself. I may have something to say about that. I want more of them too! These cookies have a sweet icing with a soft pumpkin cookie that just melt in your mouth. Excuse me while I grab another one. Mmm, delicious! Perfect for a holiday dessert!
Pumpkin Cake Cookies
Recipe from Benton Elementary School Cookbook 2001
- 1 stick butter, cool not quite room temperature (room temp butter will cause the cookies to spread more)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp milk
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla to butter mixture and blend well until light and creamy.
- Mix in dry ingredients until well blended.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and then frost with frosting.