Chocolate Drop Cookies
Recipe created by Tracy
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of Tollhouse Dark Chocolate and Mint Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cream butter/margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add vanilla to buttermilk.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls to a parchment lined or greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 10 -12 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.