I made these spritz cookies this week and basically told my hubby he could eat the broken ones but that is it! These babies went in the freezer for our holiday party next week. We are having an ugly holiday sweater party. I can't wait!
Onto the cookies, this was the first time I tried using my cookie press. I am usually more of a roll out or drop cookie kind of gal. But these were surprising easy to make and turned out super cute! I used the Christmas tree and wreath plates and tinted the cookie dough green. Made me feel Christmasy. :) Plus, they taste like butter and melt in your mouth. The sprinkles give the cookies a little "crunch."
recipe from Joy of Baking
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- a few squirts of food coloring of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Gradually add flour and salt to butter mixture and continue to mix until all flour is incorporated into the butter mixture.
- Add food coloring (optional) to dough and mix until fully incorporated.
- Following the instructions provided by your cookie press, fill the cookie press with the dough and pipe the cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 6-9 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.