Hot Chocolate Popcorn
recipe from Cookies and Cups
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (gives you about 16 cups popped)
- 14 oz Wilton white candy melting disks or vanilla almond bark
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Hot Chocolate powder
- 4 oz milk chocolate
- wax paper
- Make your popcorn using an air popper. If you don’t have an air-popper and use microwave popcorn, use plain or lightly buttered/salted.
- In a large bowl combine your popcorn and marshmallows.
- Melt your white candy melts or almond bark according to package directions and drizzle on top of popcorn/marshmallow mix. Stir to coat evenly.
- Spread your popcorn on a wax paper lined counter.
- Immediately sprinkle your hot chocolate mix on top of wet popcorn.
- Melt your milk chocolate in the microwave and drizzle on top of popcorn.
- Let the chocolate set.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Sorry for the lack of pictures - I was packing for our trip and making this as gifts for our family at the same time. Trust me not to multi-task well!