Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hot Chocolate Popcorn

This gourmet popcorn is very rich and sweet. I definitely think I will add a little less white chocolate the next time I make it. I would recommend making this for a chocolate lover in your life, it is loaded with chocolately goodness! I used some homemade cocoa I received as a gift that is pretty sweet so maybe that added to it's extra richness. I wonder what a sugar free cocoa would taste like on this? If anybody tries it, please let me know. I would love to find out your thoughts!

Hot Chocolate Popcorn
recipe from Cookies and Cups


  • 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (gives you about 16 cups popped)
  • 14 oz Wilton white candy melting disks or vanilla almond bark
  • 2 cups mini marshmallows
  • 1/2 cup Hot Chocolate powder
  • 4 oz milk chocolate
  • wax paper

Instructions

  • Make your popcorn using an air popper. If you don’t have an air-popper and use microwave popcorn, use plain or lightly buttered/salted.
  • In a large bowl combine your popcorn and marshmallows.
  • Melt your white candy melts or almond bark according to package directions and drizzle on top of popcorn/marshmallow mix. Stir to coat evenly.
  • Spread your popcorn on a wax paper lined counter. 
  • Immediately sprinkle your hot chocolate mix on top of wet popcorn.
  • Melt your milk chocolate in the microwave and drizzle on top of popcorn.
  • Let the chocolate set.
  • Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

Sorry for the lack of pictures - I was packing for our trip and making this as gifts for our family at the same time. Trust me not to multi-task well! 
 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates