Monday, January 9, 2012

Self-Rising Flour

Have you ever bought a bag of self-rising flour and wondered if it was possible to make it yourself? Me too! So I thought I would be brave and try to make some of my own.  My mother-in-law got me this cupcake calendar for Christmas, you know the one where you pull off each page every day, and I was looking the recipes, each one requires self-rising flour.
I'm cheap and if there is a way to make it myself I will give a go. And if Google is correct, it took all of 5 minutes to make. Yes, I said 5 minutes. The hardest part was measuring out the six cups of flour! Super simple to make and hopefully this will encourage me to make some of the lovely cupcakes noted in the calendar. I have my eye on some chocolate mud cupcakes with chocolate oozing out of the cupcake. Oh my.

Stay tuned for that yummy recipe. :)

Here's how to make self-rising flour. You'll never go back to buying a bag again.


Ingredients:
  • 6 cups all purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon salt

Directions:
  • Whisk (or sift) together all ingredients.
  • Store in an airtight container. 


 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates