Check out all the links at the bottom and go make some new bloggy friends! Thanks again to Brenda @ Meal Planning Magic for hosting us this year. :)
Here is my contribution to this week's list of goodies: Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almonds. I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate together and these cookies do not disappoint. They taste like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cookie with a little bit of crunch from the almonds. Yum! Comfort cookies for sure.
Recipe from Fearless Homemaker (adapted slightly)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almonds, diced
- Cream the butter and sugars together using a hand held mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Slowly mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla (in that order).
- Gently add in the baking soda, flour, and salt, making sure not to overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and almonds.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- After chilling, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop chilled dough by teaspoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- Cookies might not look completely done in the middle but will set up as they cool.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes and then enjoy!