Now that we are back home, I am starting to feel the holiday spirit. It doesn't hurt that all the Black Friday commercials are starting. Anybody else braving Black Friday? Hubby and I are in the market for a new TV so I imagine we will be out there early as can be! And I definitely think I need these cake balls for that Black Friday holiday spending spree! Filled with decadent chocolate cake and Andes mints. Oh yum! They are so easy to make and absolutely yummy!
Andes Mint Cake Balls
Recipe Inspired by Make It Sweet Cake Ball Class
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Additional Ingredients To Make The Cake.
- About 1/4 cup of Icing
- About 1/2 cup of Andes Mints
- Coating Chocolate
- Make the chocolate cake as directed on the box.
- Allow chocolate cake to cool to room temperature.
- In a stand mixer, add sections of the cake and mix until the cake is thoroughly crumbled.
- Add the icing to the crumbled cake mix until the cake resembles a cookie dough consistency. In this step, you may use all the 1/4 cup of icing or you may not. They key is to get the cake mix moist but not too moist.
- Chop up the Andes mints and add them to the cake mix. Stir until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the cake mixture into balls and then chill the cake balls in the fridge for 2-3 hours until cold. The cold will help the chocolate harden over the cake balls when we coat the cake balls.
- Melt coating chocolate via your preferred method (I prefer to melt my chocolate in small containers in the microwave) and then dip each cake ball into the chocolate making sure to tap off all the excess chocolate before setting them on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle on the sprinkles right after dipping so that the sprinkles can adhere to cake balls.
Let's see what the other talented bloggers made this week. And thanks again to Brenda @ Meal Planning Magic for hosting the blog hop!