Friday, November 30, 2012

Snowman Marshmallows (12 weeks of Christmas Treats)

I have to confess I saw this idea Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle's blog ( Snowman Marshmallows) and couldn't resist. They are just too darn cute not to share. Perfect to put on a cup of hot chocolate or just plain fun to eat! I didn't pipe on the decorations but used my trusty food color pens to make the faces. I did dust them with some powdered sugar and cornstarch mixture to give them the snowy look. :)

Ingredients:
  • Jumbo marshmallows
  • Black icing or food coloring pen
  • Orange icing or food coloring pen
  • 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch

Directions:
  • Using a food safe pair of scissors, cut the marshmallows in half. Make sure to try and keep the marshmallow as round as possible. I had to stretch a couple to make sure the faces stay round. 
  • Lay the marshmallows with the cut side up.
  • Dip the marshmallows in the powdered sugar and cornstarch mixture. Dust off the excess sugar mixture.
  • Draw snowman eyes, nose, and mouth on the un-cut side of the marshmallow with either icing or a food safe coloring pen.
And now you have a festive treat for your loved ones! I know I cannot wait to make this for the little kids in our lives. I'm sure they will love them. 

Let's see what the other talented bakers baked up this week. And as always, thank you Brenda @ Meal Planning Magic for hosting the blog hop! It's been a blast so far! :) 
 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates