Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Puppy Chow Popcorn


If you guys know me at all, you know I love a good chocolate and peanut butter combo. It's my ALL-time favorite sweet combo and luckily my husband doesn't mind when I make chocolate and peanut butter stuff most of the time. :)

And one of my all-time favorite snacks as a child was puppy chow. My sitter used to make it all the time and I begged my mother to make it at home. I could eat the whole container and that's probably why I only make it for special occasions now much to the chagrin (or relief) of a couple of friends my husband works with. This has popcorn in it so that makes it healthier, right? ;)

This is so easy to make and I had all the ingredients on hand and it came together within minutes.

Puppy Chow Popcorn
Recipe Adapted from My Happy Place

Ingredients:
  • 12 cups of air popped popcorn (no butter)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
  • Place popped popcorn in a large bowl
  • Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl in increments of 15 seconds until completely melted.
  • Pour chocolate/peanut butter mixture over popcorn and stir until the popcorn is coated with the chocolate/peanut butter.
  • Add the powdered sugar to the popcorn in 1/2 cup increments and stir until the popcorn is coated. 
Enjoy!
 

Midwestern Girl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates