And one of my all-time favorite snacks as a child was puppy chow. My sitter used to make it all the time and I begged my mother to make it at home. I could eat the whole container and that's probably why I only make it for special occasions now much to the chagrin (or relief) of a couple of friends my husband works with. This has popcorn in it so that makes it healthier, right? ;)
This is so easy to make and I had all the ingredients on hand and it came together within minutes.
Puppy Chow Popcorn
Recipe Adapted from My Happy Place
- 12 cups of air popped popcorn (no butter)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl in increments of 15 seconds until completely melted.
- Pour chocolate/peanut butter mixture over popcorn and stir until the popcorn is coated with the chocolate/peanut butter.
- Add the powdered sugar to the popcorn in 1/2 cup increments and stir until the popcorn is coated.